It’s been too long since I last posted on this blog and I am fixing that right now.
As much as I’ve been eager to write for the last couple of months, life happened and writing just didn’t fit into the madness.
Thankfully though I’m back. A little late to the game, but January isn’t over yet, so my writing goals for this year start now.
- Keep a blog – even if it’s not a script, it keeps my mind thinking, keeps me ticking and most of all, keeps me writing
- Finish a sitcom – I got some very constructive feedback on Dead End Job last year but never got a chance to re-write – that needs to change.
- Film a short – I think it’s finally time to focus on one short and take it to the next level.
- Write a feature – After completing a feature last year during Scriptfrenzy, I am looking forward to doing it all over again, but this time with a little more prep and a better outline
- Plan out a webseries – possibly too ambitious to fit this into the year, but I’ve got an idea that’s been brewing for over a year and need to get at least a draft and a plan down on paper.
- Collaborate – not only would I like others to get involved in some of the above, but I also hope to get involved in other people’s projects. The one thing I have already done this year is read other writers’ scripts. I plan on doing a lot more of this and getting involved in filmmaking.
- Read more – scripts, books, articles, anything. Just keep reading, learning, getting inspired
- Dream on – whilst I still have the power of imagination and am able to with simple thoughts create intricate and fantastical worlds in my mind, anything is possible!
Overall, I aim to have fun and enjoy my family and as long as we’re all still laughing together, everything else can always be, in true writer fashion, procrastinated.
What are your goals and what are you going to do about it?